Thursday, November 12, 2009

Jury Duty

Yes! Finally, after years and years of waiting, I have been called to jury duty. In law school (Yes, my secret identity is attorney. No one would suspect an attorney of being on the Forces of Good.) Anyway, in law school I was told that I would never be called to jury duty. For some reason, lawyers don't like other lawyers evaluating their case. Hmmm. I wonder why. ;)

And for years, it was true. I mysteriously never received a call for jury duty. But at long last I have. Unfortunately, it's for a town I don't actually live in (my parents' address). So, we'll see what happens.

I know a lot of people complain about jury duty, but for those of you looking for a job think of it this way...you get paid. They made a movie about that once. Also, this is part of being a superhero. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Never go into a situation assuming the worst of a person. Give them a chance. Look for the evidence. Just like on a date. Everything you need to know about a person they usually reveal in the first 30 minutes of the date. Have you ever noticed this? It's just that most of us don't pay attention. We're too nervous about how to cut salad or what item to choose. Not that jury duty is like dating. (Except that it is. I'll leave you to think about the reasoning behind that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment