Saturday, November 7, 2009

Getting Started

Girl America here! Stars the Mighty and I just flew through to drop off some applications. As you may have heard, we're putting together a team, the Forces of Good. And because every Superhero has some Rules Incarnate that can never be violated, here at Sidekicks Wanted we have a few rules too.
1. No Profanity or vulgarity. We are, after all, the good guys. As in Christopher Reeves' Superman/Clark Kent kind of good guys. Keep it G-rated or keep it out.
2. Never reveal my secret identity, or yours for that matter (beyond your initial application in). Just think of all the trouble people get into once they learn who's friends with the girl in the cool outfit.
3. Take serious stuff seriously. Giggle at all the rest. (Yes, thank you Hippo, very astute of you.) I'm not a philosopher. I'm a superhero. There's a difference. I may discuss world peace. I may discuss striped socks. (I may even argue how striped socks lead to world peace. Which they do. But that is a blog of a different day.)
4. You are always welcome here, unless you serve the Evil Squirrels. Then, of course, we will chase you out. And probably not give you any cheese. (For more information on the evilness of squirrels, see www.evilsquirrelsruletheworld.com/blog/ .)

To apply for a position, send me a brief bio indicating your backstory and your powers, include why you want to be one of the Forces of Good and your philosophy on helping humanity. And don't forget to specify which position you are applying for.

Finally, thank you Rat Child and Dr. Thumbs--my boots really sparkle! (And somewhere, a girl from Kansas and a green faced lady with a broom sigh in envy. Hahaha.)

Toto, let go of my foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment