Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Love to Laugh

So I love the song 'Say Hey I Love You' by Michael Franti. Never heard anything else he's ever done, but I like this. It reminds me of NYC street dances. I just have this image of myself in a really flirty dress with some kind of ruffle or something on the bottom and dancing with some good looking Latin guy in a white t-shirt and dark pants. We're dancing a street combination of salsa, swing, and mambo. Smiling and laughing.

Okay, so it's a very very specific image that this song gives me. But let's be honest, sometimes I also listen to a song and imagine a comedic music video. I start laughing in my car while driving down the highway. Love it!

You know what else I love? Smiling. Have you ever noticed how people seem so much more beautiful when they smile? Doesn't matter who they are. If it is a real smile (not the one with teeth that doesn't reach your eyes) then it does. Even Quasimodo looked good with a smile. You know something else? I recently got a job. It's been almost a year. And in the last couple of months while living at home and looking, I watched quite a bit of What Not to Wear. Not one single person was ugly. Maybe they didn't wear clothes that fit or a flattering hair cut, maybe they didn't use the right shades of makeup, but whatever it was, it was never the person. So here's my point. Every single person is beautiful. You are beautiful. I am beautiful. And we never say it or think it enough.

So here is the next challenge. For the next two weeks, every single day, try to give a real smile to every person you meet. Try to smile and say hello to strangers and friends, men and women, everyone. See where it takes you. See how you feel about yourself and about that other person. See if you find yourself in a much better mood throughout the day.

The challenge starts Friday. Best of luck. Keep me posted.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good one! I had a moment today when I thought, "have a I really become that person?" I had ordered Chilis for my sis and me and was waiting for the order and texting. A girl walked up to me and asked me a question and I didn't break contact with my text message...I kept texting while I answered her and never looked up!!!!! I am SO embarrassed that I became that person today! When she came back, I put my phone down, smiled large, and gave her a big tip.

    ReplyDelete