Monday, September 20, 2010

Small Miracles

So, this past weekend, I flew to Montana to pick up my stuff and flew back. I say 'flew' because it was a very fast trip. Wednesday night, my dad and I made it to the Tricities. The next day, at 5am, we took off to Missoula. We got in at about 10:30a.m., picked up the U-Haul at 11, and finished packing by 2:30pm. Then, by 3pm, we turned around and headed back to the Tricities, pulling in at about 9pm. Like I said, fast trip.

Now, for the miracles. There is no way we should have been able to pack in such a short amount of time. I had enough stuff to fill a 2 bedroom apartment and it was just my dad and I. But Heavenly Father gave us the strength and we did it. Second, do you know how much stuff I have? Yet it all fit in to the 14 foot truck with maybe an inch only to spare. The weather was looking pretty bad, but after our prayers, the rain held off until just after we finished. Turns out, a friend told me it snowed the next day. If we had waited, we'd have had a hard time driving safely.

I love how the Lord cares about the things we do in life. Not just massive, life changing moments, but little things that would make life a bit harder or easier for you. I remember shortly after my mission that I came home and tried a single's ward in Oregon. It was fast and testimony meeting and the Bishop got up and said that the Lord doesn't care about your wants. He only takes care of your needs. It felt really wrong to me then b/c, throughout my life and especially on my mission, I saw the Lord grant many tender little mercies that were not 'needed' but certainly made a difference. I still hold to that. The Lord has granted me a sunny day on my birthday when I prayed for it and He notices when a sparrow falls. Miracles happen in big and small ways, in the big picture and in the tiny details. Maybe you just have to know how to see His hand in everything. Like Alma, I have all things as a witness. And now, I have one more to add to the list.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you...Heavenly Father has been very kind to me and often provides mercy in the small things...not just the large needs. He is mindful over everything and never ceases to show His love for me, His child. I am glad you were able to see His tender mercies for you as you completed this move.

    ReplyDelete