Monday, September 13, 2010

Montana

Well, gang, the time has come to finally bite the bullet and move all my stuff from MT. I held it there because 1) it was cheaper than a storage unit 2 states away and 2) there was the possibility I would come back. Now the second is still true, but if that happens in the future, hopefully it won't happen within a few months so I wasted the $600 it'll cost. In the meantime, I get to head out on a roadtrip with my dad. He's awesome like that. Every time I've needed stuff moved or, say, driven to a middle-of-nowhere state to see if there's a job available, he's come with me. And that means a lot. I love getting to have some one-on-one time with him and talk about philosophy, religion, and life in general in a way that we never get to do when we're busy with school, jobs, families, jobs, church, jobs, house painting, jobs...you get the idea.

I also love that I am going to be in MT (albeit for the briefest span of two days) in the fall. Fall is already my favorite time of year in the Rockies b/c of the changing leaves and the crisp morning air and all the good social events that occur (from fall harvest, to corn mazes, to bonne bouche, to pumpkin carving). I love Oregon for the green, but I do miss those blazes of color you find up in Missoula's Rattlesnake. Maybe some day I'll take a vacation that doesn't involve moving or looking for a job and just really enjoy the town, events, and mountains like I used to.

2 comments:

  1. Please eat a McIntosh apple on my behalf. And then one more, on your behalf. Or better yet, make some caramel McIntosh apples with ground hazlenuts. Just throwin' that out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what is crazy? I can still remember you and I sitting down one day as you told me all about these apples. And do you remember the trees around the pocket park and wetland area? It was so neat to watch life moving.

    ReplyDelete