Wednesday, February 24, 2010

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Well readers, tomorrow is the six week mark for our experiment. I don't know if it made a difference for you, but it sure did for me. Not only did it expand the way I look at a lot of different scriptures and virtues, but it gave me the chance to think about what I think of God, who He is, and by extension, who I am as His daughter. And who I should/could be.

I have to be honest with you, the harder I tried to be virtuous, the harder the opposition tried to distract me or completely crush me or tempt me not to have virtuous thoughts.

In one way, that was rough. But in another, it was wonderful to see that I was trying enough to get on the radar. And, it was nice to feel the promptings of the Spirit remind me of what I was doing and why.

This won't be the end. Instead, I think this will be something I continue to work on for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. It has not already been 6 weeks!!! Holy cow that went by fast! I would say I was only successful a small percentage of the time, which is sad to say, but I tried...does that count? :) I like this concept of challenges...I think you should do another one.

    The biggest lesson I learned from the virtue challenge is: If I could remember to be virtuous consistently, my behaviors on a daily basis would be different.

    It is not with pride I admit this, but it is a reality. I stopped and thought more about my actions and found myself keeping my mouth closed more than normal. Maybe that can translate to something long-term...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my friend, it did come to an end. And I agree with you. The best thing to do is remember, not a long list of virtues, but the very concept. In that respect, we are garnishing our thoughts with 'virtue' unceasingly and all that was promised shall come true.
    I will have a new challenge. I'm glad you are support them.

    ReplyDelete