Friday, December 4, 2009

Costco Living

Now that the holidays are here, the Costco trip becomes a little more packed with chocolatey-goodness and a little less with triskets. I enjoy Costco. And, if I ever decided to write a teen adventure novel, it would probably involve a kid finding a way to live at Costco. For only a hundred bucks a year or so, he or she would have it made. There's the really comfy leather chairs and tv set to watch your favorite movie at 3am when security has called it quits. Next you have all the clothes and beds and blankets. You have bathrooms. You have food. You even have electrical equipment. If you could somehow carve yourself a little room in the midst of all the stacks of tp, I think you could pull it off. And of course, in order to write accurately, I'd need to try it myself (it just wouldn't be right to pen a novel with no real experience eh?). I could hire a lawyer from my jail cell. I could probably even turn that experience into a novel and then, of course, the talk shows and autobiography. As I sit here and think about it, I could probably get at least 3-5 books out of Costco living. Hmmm.

In the meantime, I will simply enjoy the free snacks. Today's delectable? Strawberry shortbread cookies. Who knew the same Spunkmeier that makes white chocolate macadamia would now put fruit into their sugar cookies. Suddenly, a sugar cookie falls into a major food group. Oh, you could drink a v8. Or, you could eat about 6 strawberry shortcake cookies. They have real pieces of strawberry in them. I'm not making this up. Go try it. Delicious! Also good, the meatball with pineapple inside it (or what I am sincerely hoping was pineapple). Tasty. And I'm not a big fan of weird pig parts blended together and shoved inside an intestine. (Now that I've described it that way, you probably aren't either.) Cinnamon raisin toast. Cinnamon raisin english muffin. (Both tasting remarkably similar. No surprise there.) My sister enjoyed the shrimp skampi. I myself avoid things that crawl on the bottom of the ocean and resort to cannibalism and garbage for late night snacks. She said it was delicious. I'll take her word for it.

I once heard that a guy took his date to Costco to eat. Yep, free snacks. I'm not sure if this is ingenious or tacky. I think it depends on the guy and the girl. It could be kind've fun. You could even bring disguises and challenge each other to see who can stop by the SAME snack area without the Costco employee catching on. You'd just have to watch out for security of course. Then again, that might add to the experience. Who knows.

Well, enjoy your big food stores. Eat your fruits and vegetables. Try to stay out of jail. But if you do go to the pokey, turn it into a money maker. It's important to bloom where you're planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment