Monday, January 18, 2010

Family Togetherness

Can anything bring a family closer together than a weekend long bout of the flu? I mean, really, holding someone's hair back while they play meet and greet with a large silver bowl is so personal, how can you help but NOT feel better connected? That being said, since you have all probably experienced a bad bout of the ol' influenza epidemic at least once in your life, I really don't need to go into too many more details. (Not that either one of us would want me to.) Except that there was lots of praying and thanking God and a general renewal of all things good and true. Small miracles DO happen. I am grateful for a very loving family and for a family that doesn't turn their noses up when someone is looking and feeling their absolute worst.

I shall now return to eating chicken noodle soup (which really is the best thing you can have after, or while, being sick). My sister noted that Campbell's should just sell cans of the broth. Not sure why someone hasn't thought of that already. Also good...applesauce, herb tea, soda crackers, alka seltzer. Alka seltzer is amazing. As in, Merlin the Wizard amazing.

Naps are also good. And on that note...I bid you all adieu for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment